Click here for a printable PDF version.
- Over 10 years of successfully delivering high-quality software, interactive web, and communications projects with aggressive deadlines on time and under budget.
- Well-versed in multiple project management methodologies; experienced in account, personnel, vendor, and volunteer management.
- Excellent creative, technical, editorial, and business writing; strong UX and game design skills.
- Hands-on graphic production work and technical implementation.
- Extensive localization and translation management experience; proficiency in French and intermediate skills in Spanish.
- University of California at Los Angeles Extension, Los Angeles, CA. 2000-2001. Courses: Intensive Spanish I & II.
- Cornell University, College of Arts and Sciences, Ithaca, NY, Bachelor of Arts. 1994-1999. Major: English literature. Concentrations: Creative writing, cultural studies.
ON24, Inc., San Francisco, CA
09/2009 – present: Virtual Events Project Manager
- Manage live event efforts including support for live webcasts, exhibitor booths, and direct customer support for all show-related product and service elements.
- Create and manage project timelines, ensure deliverable milestones are met, and act as primary client point-of-contact for virtual trade shows and other online events.
- Collaborate with and facilitate work by engineering, creative, A/V production, product marketing, and customer support teams to ensure client satisfaction.
- Oversee the production of audio / video assets, manage interactions with 3rd party vendors, and provide quality assurance for all show elements.
- Provide product documentation and training for show organizers, exhibitors, sponsors, and speakers.
- Provide UX feedback and design support to product management and engineering for the development of new offerings.
Three Rings Design, Inc., San Francisco, CA
09/2006 – 05/2007: Project Manager
- Worked with executives on marketing initiatives to improve performance of Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates and Bang! Howdy game funnels via new affiliate deals, advertising, and site redesign.
- Spearheaded localization for launch of new German-language Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates server.
- Conducted market analysis of feasibility of marketing to German-speaking audience.
- Worked with engineering, infrastructure, and art teams to prepare assets for localization by external agency.
- Searched for and prepared deals with third-party developers for creation of games, avatars, and other content for new social networking site/online game platform Whirled.com.
Atom Entertainment, Inc., a division of MTV Networks, San Francisco, CA
05/2005 – 08/2006: Game Producer, Shockwave.com
- Evaluated new games for their potential success on Shockwave.com and, with VP of Games, negotiated licensing agreements with third-party developers, including royalty rates and advances.
- Worked with developers to improve design and technical quality of e-commerce and online games for launch.
- With QA personnel, determined severity and priority of issues for developers.
- Coordinated with Associate Game Producer, marketing director, and web team to ensure that games were correctly wrapped in DRM and appropriately staged and promoted.
- Post-launch, monitored user reviews and high score boards for technical issues.
- As part of the Shockwave.com Game Studio, designed and produced new proprietary content.
- Worked with sales team to create custom “advergame” proposals for advertising clients.
- Acted as primary contact for developers and lead contact for clients during design and production.
- Acted as game production liaison for Japanese subsidiary, Shockwave.com KK.
Maxis, a division of Electronic Arts, Inc., Redwood City, CA
02/2003 – 02/2005: Localization Coordinator, The Sims / Assistant Producer III, The Sims 2
- Led design and implementation of approximately 40 game features, working with engineering, art, and animation.
- Drove the creation of a pipeline for downloadable content for The Sims Exchange (www.thesims2.com).
- Collaborated on character design and storylines for The Sims 2 and The Sims 2 University expansion pack.
- Authored and implemented game text, including dialogs and text for “Build” and “Buy” catalogs.
- Scheduled, managed, and troubleshot simultaneous localization of The Sims and SimCity 4 expansion and bonus packs into as many as 16 languages. Received Maxis Star Performer award for localization of The Sims: Makin’ Magic.
- Created initial schedule for localization of over 300K words into 18 languages for The Sims 2.
ADAC Laboratories, a Philips Medical Systems Company, Milpitas, CA
02/2002 – 01/2003: Translation Project Lead
- Led $2.5M localization effort for Nuclear Medicine Imaging (NMI) and Positron Emission Tomography (PET) business lines in accordance with corporate, FDA, and international legal requirements.
- Analyzed sales forecasts to develop budget for localization effort.
- With the Technical Publications Manager, approved localization vendors, negotiated contracts, and created translation policy for NMI and PET across three Philips Medical Systems companies.
- Coordinated review and final approval across departments (e.g. Manufacturing, Software Engineering, Regulatory Affairs, Sales & Service Division) for localization of software documentation, product labeling, and user interface.
- Prepared final release print-ready deliverables: wrote, edited, and proofread user’s manuals and release notes for nuclear imaging software using FrameMaker; captured and edited screen shots.
Berlitz GlobalNET, Santa Monica, CA
12/1999 – 08/2001: Lead Project Coordinator / Senior Project Coordinator
Successfully coordinated production of over $1M of software and website localization projects for major companies in the computer software and hardware industries and supervised production of all into-English translation projects (approximately $1M/year) for BGN in North America while remaining within budget and on schedule.
- Managed teams of over twenty contractors and employees for all stages of production including translation and editing, engineering, desktop publishing, and QA. Assessed recruitment needs and worked with management to address them.
- Prepared software, help, and documentation for translation and prepared final release print-ready deliverables.
- Edited and proofread French- and Spanish-to-English translations, including technical and legal documents.
Context Optional, Inc., San Francisco, CA
03/2009 – 04/2009: Social Gaming Producer
Led a team of developers on a suite of licensed casual games for Facebook and other social networks for a major game publisher. The client canceled the project before production was fully underway.
- Led design brainstorms on the first game in the suite as well as the underlying platform and produced a game design document, including product and monetization plans.
- Managed an internal team of developers and, with the Creative Director, oversaw outsourced Flash and graphic design production, coordinated production of a game demo, and created marketing materials.
Just Cause Oakland, Oakland, CA
04/2008 – 06/2008: Volunteer Organizer
- Coordinated individual and organizational volunteers for six-week No on Proposition 98 campaign leading up to the June 2008 election.
- Recruited, trained, and led over 100 volunteers for outreach, voter identification, and GOTV fieldwork.
- Tracked results of electoral fieldwork and outreach to supporters, volunteers, and ally organizations in spreadsheets as well as Voter Access Network.
- Conducted presentations, facilitated meetings, and acted as primary media contact and spokesperson events.
- Wrote scripts for precinct walks and phone banking and other campaign materials, including copy and graphics.
- Created and managed online presence via blogs and social networking sites.
- Wrote and edited the Fall 2008 issue of Just Cause Oakland’s community newspaper Just Causes pro bono.
COLAGE, San Francisco, CA
09/2007 – 04/2008: Special Projects Coordinator
- Conducted workshops and other activities for youth with gay, lesbian, bisexual and/or transgender parents.
- Managed internal and external communications efforts.
- Wrote and published biweekly Net News email newsletter, action alerts, and COLAGE News blog postings.
- Drafted anti-oppression training manual for facilitators and the organization’s first-ever annual report.
- Contributed to 3-5 year strategic vision and, with the Board of Directors, created new language for the organization’s mission statement.